Friday, February 23, 2018

Nissan Leaf

Nissan Leaf is gone. My 2015 Leaf was a lease vehicle and the Lease came up last week. So instead of keeping the Leaf I let it go back to the dealer. I tried to get them to give me a good deal on the remaining but they would not so they got the vehicle back. So Im out an electric daily driver for a while. Thats fine. It has been a good 6 year run with the two Leafs I have driven over the years. I am totally sold on electric but the price point still needs to come down before the rest of the world jumps on board. There is no sensible reason for them to keep the distances short and prices high for electric cars. They should be very much able to build a good 150 mile per charge car for around $20k and one that looks good too. No need for junk. No need for $50k cars either. Prices of cars is just outlandish in the States. Just terrible.

Im also going to try to pick up another Porsche 914 which I have lined up already for a decent price. Paint is terrible but the rest looks good and no cancer. Clean title too. Possible candidate for conversion with an AC-50 Motor and DIY inverter and Leaf Modules.


No comments:

Post a Comment