Wednesday, February 9, 2022

VoltsPorsche 914 update.

I am getting ready to sell the beastie but needed to be sure everything is working. I had to purchase an new Serial to USB cable with new driver. I successfully connected to the computer with the Windows 7 laptop. I had used my virtual PC on my mac the last time I connected. I had dumped that so I had to start all over again and it was successful. Im still not clear on how the ccShell program works for saving graphs and stuff. I can save some things. But because the computer to inverter works Im good to go. The motor spins up as it did before. I needed to be sure the DC/DC worked and it does and I needed to see if the charger worked. It does. The charger had a bad spade connector so I removed that and replaced it with a good heavy duty one. It now has a decent connection. Im not a fan of spade connectors in vibration environments. I also fixed the connections to the 12v battery and DC/DC so the DC/DC keeps the 12volt battery charged. There is also a box on the console with two switches. One is a flip switch and the other is a turn switch. The flip switch is a regen switch. When the switch is in the down mode it is in auto regen and in the up mode it is off or coast mode. The other switch is likely a forward and reverse switch. The switches are not labled. Not sure if I can increase the throttle ramp but it is not agressive. I have not yet driven the vehicle but will be soon. I have a new video linked below.

No comments:

Post a Comment