Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Charge Station

My SPX Charge Station arrived to day. How sweet. I is a normal level II charge station with a little twist. This one is portable if you wish. I connected mine to our 50A 240 Circuit to our standard drier style  outlet. It came with a nema style plug and I have one I can swap the drier style one with but since my outlet is pretty far from my plug I needed a good long heavy duty extension. The one that came with the charger is short. The length of the plug cord is not long enough unless I have an electrician come and install a dedicated 240 outlet in the car port. I may do that later but for now what I have works and the car is now charging on 240 rather than 120. Wow. It was so easy to set up too. One nicely made extension and three wires to the box. Simple as pie. I am a happy camper now.




No comments:

Post a Comment