Thursday, August 23, 2012

Leaf vs Versa

No comparison except maybe the weenie port windows you find in the Versa and Leaf. The Leaf is by far the better of the two and in my opinion would not even consider a comparison. It is more of an Insult to compare the Leaf to a Versa. The Versa just plain SUCKS. Engine is a little peppy and touchy from the line but beyond that it is a weenie engine that gets crappy fuel mileage. It feels CHEAP. I do not get that with the Leaf. Sure the Leaf is no Mercedes but it is far from being a Versa. I had to take my Leaf in for it's 15,000 mile check up. Tire rotation, air conditioner filter change, checks and a software update. Beyond that I am still getting pretty much the same distances I did when I first got the vehicle. I drive mostly between 55 and 60 mph. I do sometimes go faster if I know I am not going to be needing to take it for a long drive at high speeds. It is a spritely car and leaves the Versa in the dirt in just about all aspects. We have hot temps here in the range of 100 and 113 degrees and we leave our vehicles out in the baking sun during the work day. I don't know what the deal is with the Leafs that are  getting less distances but no problem here.

Nissan just called and said my car is ready to pickup. Good. I will be more than happy to return the Versa.

Pete :)

So if you know someone with a Leaf, please don't refer it as an electric Versa. It would be a slap in the face. I am quite sure it is the same with the Volt and Focus. I'd say the Focus is an electric Focus but the Volt is NOT an electric Cruze. Not even close.

I know right now where you can pick up a used but nearly NEW Leaf for $27000. Gee. For the price of a normal car you can OWN a very slightly used Leaf. White. Put on a Black Bra and your sportin.

No comments:

Post a Comment