Thursday, August 23, 2012

Making Headway

My Truck is done for now. Just going to keep tabs on its performance and will be hooking up the 5th wheel for another mountain run. Time to see how well it pulls the hills and how hot it gets. Hopefully not like before. Now I can monitor my EGTs and Boost. Might need to turn down the fuel a touch. A piece o cake for my son.

Got my Leaf serviced today. Tire rotation and cabin air filter replaced. Fluids checked. Software update installed. Other than that it is just fine. Still getting my usual 70 to 75 miles per charge at between 55 and 60 mph. Just over 16,000 miles on the clock. :)

Got the transmission removed from the roadster. The drivers side wheel cylinder was toast. Someone drove this poor thing with seriously bad brakes and the drivers side was just coated with brake fluid and the shoes worn down to the metal. Ouch. At least I have another set of drums and new shoes and wheel cylinders to go in. Looks like I may go for replacing the rear hard lines as well as the soft. It will then have all new brakes all around. That is good. So I need to install axles and tubes for the new transmission. The tubes are side specific. Don't put them in backwards.

So new brake lines are needed to finish the rear. I may even get new springs for the rear drums. New bearings might be in order too. You know how it goes. Start with good intentions of just doing a little of this and a little of that and before you know it you have a whole new car. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment