Friday, October 5, 2012

Tranny Pictures

Well I did say I'd get some tranny pics today. So I did. I also got one axle done with bearings and seals and backing plate and wheel hub/rotor. Still need to install the calipers but the other side needs done first. I had about 45 minutes of time to work today on my ride before the skeeters come out and drive you in. Nasty little suckers. It is coming together one bite at a time.

Notice I still need to put on the axle boots.
Changed the throwout bearing and fork for the early style. 




Axle bearing in place. 


Hub/Rotor Hefty sucker. 


Hub/Rotor installed. No cotter pin yet. 


1 comment:

  1. Pete,

    Your build is looking really good!

    I kept looking at name tags at EVVCON, trying to meet your son but was unsuccessful. Hopefully will see you and him next year at the show and get to see your VW.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete