Sunday, August 11, 2013

73 Porsche 914 1.7 EV Project

Well the Porsche is now cleaned and ready for the DMV and ready for some new Toyo LRR tires. All the paper work should be done by Thursday this week as well as an alignment and new tires. I started to wax the beast and since there is some oxidation on the trunk lid you can see the before and after effects of doing a color buffing then waxing. Since it has no clear coat it needs to be washed and waxed on a regular basis. This is all in preparation for an AC-75 and 46 CALB 180ah cells if I go with the 144 volt system. Video is planned soon for the engine so I can advertise it for sale for someone who needs a 914 engine ready to go.

I just wanted to be sure all the components worked before tearing out the engine. Here are my latest pictures I took this evening on the front grass.




















2 comments:

  1. Got one in Blue and Red as well. :) So much for Green. Turns out that I picked the name for two reasons. Green and Green. You see, my very first EV was Green. Very dark Green. And you know, the environmental mumbo jumbo that goes along with all this. I was doing Green long before Green became a thing.

    Next year! EVCCON 2014

    ReplyDelete