Wednesday, June 8, 2011

220 Power

Well I finally got my 220 power connected for my Elcon 3000. The power cord does not get hot and I no longer get any circuit breakers tripping. With 110 the heavy duty extensions just could not handle the power needed by the Elcon. I would need to build my own cable for that. I did for my 220 and it is perfect. How sweet is that. I still need to do some tweaking on balancing some batteries for my pack. I have a couple that are low in AH ratings so I need to dig them out and replace them and do a final tweak. So far I have gotten 28 freeway miles on the 38 100 AH cells. I hit them hard all the time so I am not sure how long they will last but so far they are proving very good even if abused. The pack gets warm but never hot. If I slow down I am sure I can get better than 35 miles. But for now it is pretty darn good. It will get me to work one way with a touch to spare. My job is 22 miles away. So a tweak and a couple extra cells and I should be good to go.

Pete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment